2. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect and use several types of information from and about you, including:
- Personal Information, that we can reasonably use to directly or indirectly identify you, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, telephone number, Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, user name or other similar identifier and any other identifier we may use to contact you online or offline.
- Non-personal information, which is information that does not directly or indirectly reveal your identity or directly relate to an identified individual, such as demographic information, or statistical or aggregated information. Statistical or aggregated data does not directly identify a specific person, but we may derive non-personal statistical or aggregated data from Personal Information. For example, we may aggregate Personal Information to calculate the percentage of users accessing a specific Website feature.
- Usage Information includes your browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, or information about your internet connection, and the equipment you use to access the Website.
- Non Personal Details About Your Website Interactions, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URLs), clickstream to, through and from our Website (including date and time), products or services you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, or any phone number used to call our customer service number.
3. HOW WE COLLECT THE INFORMATION
3.1 Information you provide to us
The information we collect directly from you may include:
- In Person: When you visit a booth, we have at a tradeshow or other similar event, we may ask you certain information while you interact with one of our representatives. This may include contact information, such as your name, company, email address and phone number.
- On our Website: When you fill up one of the forms on the Website, we may ask you to provide your name, email, Organization, size of your organization and phone number.
- Communicating with us: When you contact us to make inquiries or about a customer service question, we collect the content of those communications, and any additional information about the method of communication such as phone, SMS, email, chat, or through social media platforms. For example, if you email us, we will collect your email address, if you send us a text message, we will collect your phone number, and so on.
- Marketing Communications: If you would like to receive marketing communications from us, you may do so by signing up on the Website or during a conference or events. We will ask you to provide your email address or phone number so we can send you marketing materials.
3.2 Information We Collect While You Interact with Us Through Cookies And Other Automatic Data Collection Technologies
We may also use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). To learn more or to opt-out of tailored advertising please visit Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada Opt-Out Tool for information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on this Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information. However, we may maintain it or associate it with Personal Information we collect in other ways, that you provide to us, or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to: estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize the Website according to your individual interests, speed up your searches and recognize you when you return to the Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website [and our e-mails] may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that allow us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or [opened an email] and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
3.3 Information We Collect About You from Third Party
We may receive Personal Information about you from various third parties and public sources, such as data analytics firms, we currently use Google analytics to measure our statistics. We may collect information about you in connection with investigations into fraudulent or criminal activities on our Website. We may also collect information from other sources, including for example, joint marketing partners, data analytics firms, public databases, publicly available social media pages, and other third parties we work with.
3.4 Information We Create Ourselves
We may aggregate and/or anonymize Personal Information so that it will no longer be considered Personal Information. We do so to generate other data for our use, which we may use and disclose for any purpose. For example, we may calculate the percentage of our site users who have a particular telephone area code.
4. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information, including your Personal Information, to manage our business and to maintain and develop commercial relationships with you. We will collect, use, and disclose such information only to the extent that is necessary for those purposes.
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information.
- To present the Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill the purposes for which you provided the information or that were described when it was collected, or any other purpose for which you provide it, such as facilitating the administration of your purchases, lease, warranty, maintenance program and any recall notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts with you or to comply with legal requirements.
- To notify you about changes to the Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- To improve the Website, products or services, marketing, or customer relationships and experiences.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features, social media, or similar features on the Website.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
5. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
5.1 Sharing with our Partners
We may provide your data, including your Personal Information, to our affiliated companies and brands, to third parties who provide services to you or us, to promotional partners, to social media companies, or to other third parties as needed to carry out our business, or comply with a legal obligation.
5.2 Other disclosures
6. HOW WE STORE AND SECURE YOUR INFORMATION
6.1 Information Security.
We are committed to protecting the confidentiality, integrity, availability and privacy of your Personal Information. We have put appropriate physical, technological and procedural security measures in place designed to help prevent your Personal Information from being lost, used, modified or accessed in an unauthorized way, or improperly disclosed. Examples of such measures include restricted access to offices, training of personnel, using passwords and well-defined internal policies and practices.
In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will be required to process your Personal Information only on our instructions and they are subject to an obligation of confidentiality. Our service providers are required to maintain adequate security protections in place designed to help safeguard your Personal Information and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than fulfilling services to us.
Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Any transmission you provide is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will apply our security practices to try to prevent unauthorized access, use and/or disclosure.
6.2 Information Retention.
We may retain non-personal information that has been sufficiently aggregated or anonymized for a longer period.
6.3 Where We Store Information.
7. YOUR PRIVACY SETTINGS:
You can unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications or by sending an email to email@example.com. As noted above, you may not opt out of Service-related communications (e.g., account verification, purchase and billing confirmations and reminders, technical and security notices).
8. OTHER WEBSITES AND SERVICES
9. GOVERNING LAW
The Website is operated from Montreal, Province of Quebec, Canada. Any conflict between you and us is therefore subject to the laws applicable in the Province of Quebec and the applicable laws of Canada. Furthermore, you hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Province of Montréal in respect of any action or proceeding arising out or related to the Website.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US